Faster to your Council Bluffs disaster
Flooding and water disasters don't wait for regular business hours, and neither do we!
Faster to your Council Bluffs water disaster!
Flooding and water disasters don't wait for regular business hours, and neither do we. SERVPRO of Council Bluffs is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all emergency cleaning and restoration, including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Council Bluffs arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (712)256-6616
About SERVPRO of Council Bluffs
SERVPRO of Council Bluffs specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
An Overview of Flood Damage
SERVPRO of Council Bluffs knows water damage is always an inconvenience, but flood damages fall into their own category. With the many types of floods, and the multiple methods that water can infiltrate a home or commercial business, the severity of potential water damage caused by a flood is often surprising. This is especially true in Western Iowa.
As extreme weather trends become more commonplace in every part of the world, the impact of flooding rises as well. Due to this, it's vital that homeowners take the time to understand the varying multitude of issues that flooding can lead to, and how they should react.
When a flood saturates the soil the home’s foundation is built on, parts of it can become raised. This can lead to cracks in the foundation, as well as sealing problems with door and window frames throughout the home.
Drywall Damage and Mold
The waterlogged drywall can become weak and begin to fall apart, but that is not the only issue. Drywall can begin growing mold on its surface, infiltrating the structure of the home and requiring replacement of any ceilings or walls that were affected.
While certain types of insulation do not absorb moisture, most types can easily become soaked through and require replacement due to the high rate of mold growth they can cause.
Temporary Frame Swelling
The good news about a house’s frame is that it is typically constructed of solid lumber, meaning any swelling will be temporary. While mold precautions should certainly be taken to prevent an outbreak, most frames will remain structurally sound after a flood.
Ovens and refrigerators contain insulation and almost always require replacement following a flood. That being said, other types may be able to be salvaged, but they must be inspected by an expert to be certified as safe before using.
Upholstered furniture can absorb a surprising amount of water, making it susceptible to water damage and mold growth. Furniture made of wood, glass pieces, and other miscellaneous materials should be cleaned thoroughly but should be OK for use.
If your home has been affected by a flood, we’ll be here to help you! SERVPRO of Council Bluffs Disaster Response Team is available 24/7 for your restoration needs. Feel free to give us a call with any potential questions, anytime, at (712) 256-6616. Also, feel free to check out the rest of our website in order to learn more about our certified flood restoration process.
Faster to Your Water Damage Event
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Council Bluffs can provide emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to residential and commercial properties throughout Mills, Harrison, and Pottawattamie Counties.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage are very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Council Bluffs arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (712) 256-6616
Water Damage Timeline:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- The paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Council Bluffs
SERVPRO of Council Bluffs specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. We are able to service all of Pottawattamie, Mills, and Harrison Counties. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Call us anytime at (712)-256-6616.
Tips for Water Emergencies Before Help Arrives
What You Can Do Until Help Arrives
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
If you ever need help involving a water damage emergency, or have any questions related to water issues, contact SERVPRO of Council Bluffs by phone anytime at 712-256-6616. SERVPRO of Council Bluffs is faster to any size disaster!