Helpful tips to prevent a house fire
House fires kill and injure many every year, while leaving many without their home, and valuable memories and possessions. Fire prevention is more important than many realize.
Ways to Prevent House Fires
-Establish an emergency plan with fire routes.
-Test all smoke alarms in your home.
-Teach your children fire safety.
-Perform home maintenance consistently.
- Use candles with caution.
-Don't leave food cooking unattended.
- Store flammables safely.
- Know where the fire extinguishers are and how to use them.
- Check all electrical cords in your home. If wires are frayed, throw it away.
Fire preparation is an important part of safeguarding your home and your family. Knowing not only how to prevent a fire but also how to escape it and get quick fire cleanup is essential.
Tips to get your business ready for the weather ahead
Summer is over, fall is here, and winter is right around the corner!
Summer is over, Fall is here, and Winter is right around the corner! While not every storm will cripple a business, it is still necessary to be prepared. Along with frigid temperatures and snow, winter can create problems with plumbing and operations. Therefore, it is essential to make a plan for the worst-case scenario.
- Prepare Your Building-Make sure you check your plumbing and electricity regularly, but even more so when a winter storm is heading your way. Outside plumbing should be shut off and cleared to prevent freezing and possible burst pipes. Additionally, it may be a good idea to secure a generator if your business does not already have one. If your company does have a generator, it is a good investment to have it serviced before the winter weather sets in.
- Plan for Ice and Snow-Any winter storm is going to bring issues of snow and ice. Being prepared for this situation means having a plow service on contract and ensuring that all walkways and driveways are cleared and salted. It is vital to do everything in your power to ensure that customers do not get hurt on the way into your business.
- Focus on Inventory-Also, as storms have the potential to cause significant business interruption as well as property damage, it is vital to take an accurate inventory of all your assets. This inventory will be used for insurance claims if property damage results in an inventory loss. You should move stock to a secure and climate-controlled area, photographing and documenting everything. This will help streamline the process if a claim is made.
- Make a List of Contacts-While taking inventory is necessary, it is also crucial to make a list of emergency contacts. This list should include all personnel who are essential to your operations. Additionally, you should include a disaster restoration specialists in the Council Bluffs area in case of an emergency.
Winter storm season can produce significant threats to business operations. Massive snowfalls and ice storms can wreak havoc on you Omaha business, so it is essential to have a plan.
Call SERVPRO of Council Bluffs today at (712)256-6616 and schedule one of our marketers to come to your business to help you with an Emergency Readiness Plan at no cost to you!
Faster to your Council Bluffs disaster
Flooding and water disasters don't wait for regular business hours, and neither do we!
Faster to your Council Bluffs water disaster!
Flooding and water disasters don't wait for regular business hours, and neither do we. SERVPRO of Council Bluffs is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all emergency cleaning and restoration, including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Council Bluffs arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (712)256-6616
About SERVPRO of Council Bluffs
SERVPRO of Council Bluffs specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
National Readiness Month
Don't wait until disaster strikes. Call SERVPRO of Council Bluffs at (7120256-6616 to discuss your ERP today!
Did you know September is National Readiness Month? Disasters can strike businesses big or small. Disasters can devastate a community in just a matter of moments.
Disasters caused by wind, fire, water, or weather can strike at anytime without warning. Business owners need to establish an Emergency Plan and practice it with all employees.
Companies can find vital information regarding emergency plans at ready.gov/business.
-Update all emergency contact information and give to all employees.
-Implement Emergency Policies and Procedures.
-Sign up for alerts and warnings in your area.
-Conduct Emergency drills with employees.
SERVPRO of Council Bluffs offers a NO COST Emergency Readiness Profile (ERP) to help with your emergency planning.
Don't wait until disaster strikes. Call SERVPRO of Council Bluffs at (712)256-6616 to discuss your ERP today!
Emergency Ready Profile
When fire or water damage strikes, you can either be ruined or ready.
As the sales and marketing representative for SERVPRO of Council Bluffs, one of my key targets each month is to help businesses be prepared in the event of a disaster. One way we do that is through our Emergency Ready Profile program.
The Emergency Ready Profile, or ERP, is a free service provided by SERVPRO in which we help area businesses with such things as locating their emergency shut offs for their electrical systems, water, and gas. We also compile information on their key contacts in the event of any emergency so the business is prepared and can calmly work through the situation. Since this is a free service, there are no contracts to sign and no obligations to purchase any products. Our only request is, if your business does suffer from a disaster to give us an opportunity to make it "Like it never even happened".
The ERP also contains tips and suggestions that the business can do before help arrives and provides somewhat of a roadmap helping them get back into their business more quickly and ultimately minimizing the interruption.
One example where we had the opportunity to truly see the power of the plan in action was last February. A local business suffered a frozen pipe on the third story of their building reaching numerous rooms within the facility. With this plan, the building contact knew exactly who to call and within hours our team was on site helping them to restore function to nearly 50% of the rooms affected by the end of day 1. The other rooms required more drying time, but they were able to recover a fair amount of potential lost income by simply having a plan in place and knowing what to do prior to help arriving.
The best part of the ERP process is the amount of work the business owner or manager must do to get this set up is minimal. A sales and marketing representative will come to your business and take the necessary photos and information, then finish putting the document together at the office. This process usually only takes 30 minutes or less and the business owner can proof and edit the document as often as they would like. When approved, the business will receive both a hard copy and a digital copy through our ERP app.
For more questions or to set up an Emergency Ready Profile for your business, call SERVPRO of Council Bluffs at 402-835-5985.
Services Offered by SERVPRO of Council Bluffs
Do you know all the services offered by SERVPRO of Council Bluffs?
Do you know the services SERVPRO of Council Bluffs offers?
1. Water Damage Repair and Restoration: Whether the damage is from heavy rains or flooding, a burst pipe, or an appliance malfunction, our techs are highly trained and certified in water damage restoration. We have specialized high tech equipment to efficiently dry out your property.
2. Fire Damage Repair and Restoration: Each fire situation is unique and requires a specific cleaning and restoration process. We have high tech equipment that allows to restore contents instead of having to replace.
3. Mold Remediation and Restoration: From setting containment to using negative air, our techs are trained in proper mold remediation.
4. Storm Damage Cleanup and Restoration: We have the resources and personnel to quickly respond to any storm or disaster. With over 1800 franchises, SERVPRO is close by and ready.
5. Commercial Cleaning Services: SERVPRO offers commercial COVID cleaning and disinfecting, along with proactive cleaning. We follow protocol set by the CDC, and use a hospital grade EPA registered disinfectant.
6. Bio-hazard Cleanup: Crime scene cleanup, sewage backup, and suicide cleanup are a few of the bio-hazard cleanup services we offer.
7. Vandalism and Graffiti Removal: The media blaster can clean almost any surface. We can seamlessly remove graffiti or cleanup after a break-in.
8. Air Duct and Carpet Cleaning: Cleaning your HVAC unit can extend the life of the equipment. This can save you money, and give you cleaner air to breathe. Carpets act as a filter trapping contaminants. Regular cleanings can extent the life span of your carpet.
9. Odor Removal: Our techs are trained to identify and quickly eliminate offensive odors.
Call SERVPRO of Council Bluffs for all your restoration and cleanup needs.
Janitorial Services Offered In Pottawattamie, Harrison, and Mills County
SERVPRO of Council Bluffs offers office cleaning plus disinfecting services to commercial businesses throughout Pottawattamie, Harrison, and Mills County. We target the grime, odor and moisture that gradually wear and tear at your commercial office, or residence. It is important during this current state of affairs relating to the Coronavirus that your janitorial company has the ability to disinfect the high-touch surfaces in your commercial or residential property. SERVPRO of Council Bluffs uses the CDC recommended hospital-grade cleaners, targeting harmful pathogens and bacteria.
High touch surfaces include:
• Light Switches
• Soap Dispensers
SERVPRO of Council Bluffs Janitorial Cleaning Services
- Spot Clean Carpet, i.e. Spills
- Detail Vacuum All Carpet
- Detail Vacuum-Corners and Edges
- Dust Mop Hard Surface Floors
- Damp Mop Hard Surface Floors
- Clean All Ceiling Vents
- Vacuum Walk-Off Maps
- Vacuum or Brush Upholstered Furniture
- Clean and Sanitize Telephones
- Clean Sinks ~ Per Instructions
- Clean and Polish Drinking Fountains
- Clean Refrigerators, Empty Contents if Requested
- Damp Clean Exterior and Interior of Microwaves
- Empty and Remove Trash
Additional Services for Special Projects
- Carpet Cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Duct Cleaning
For further information regarding both residential and commercial cleaning, as well as restoration services offered by SERVPRO of Council Bluffs, contact our office anytime by phone at (712) 256-6616.
Mold Abatement & Mold Remediation
This process refers to only the removal of mold from a commercial building. During the mold abatement process, a certified mold inspector will locate problem areas and determine how far the contamination problem has spread.
Certain areas may be sealed off, and protective equipment will be worn to keep workers safe. It’s important that the inspection process is thorough to prevent the problem from returning. Conducting your own routine inspections can help give professionals an idea of where to start, but the problem may be in other areas of the building as well.
Mold remediation involves abatement (removal), but it also includes preventative measures. Trained abatement professionals will work diligently to remove mold and remediation experts create plans to eliminate the source and identify any underlying sources that may cause it to return.
This is typically the best process for taking care of mold because it helps a property owner recognize any areas that may require renovations to prevent mold growth.
for more info visit zotapro.com
Spring Showers Bring Flowers (and floods)
SERVPRO of Council Bluffs, along with what we guess is many others, are relieved to see cold weather leave Western Iowa for awhile. However, we're reminded to be careful what we wish for when the potential for heavy rain sneaks into our weather forecast. Although a better replacement for winter storms in the eyes of many, spring showers present a multitude of varying characteristics that may not be so fun to deal with. The timeline below is to provide you as a home or commercial business owner with helpful information about what happens when water invades your home or business.
Water Damage Timeline - Within Minutes
Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
Drywall begins to swell and break down.
Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
Furniture begins to swell and crack.
Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
Metal begins to rust and corrode.
Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
Paint begins to blister.
Wood flooring swells and warps.
Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
The best way to mitigate the most potential damage caused by flooding or a storm is to get immediate assistance in the face of an emergency situation. That's where SERVPRO of Council Bluffs comes in. The spring showers won't last forever, and neither will the water damage caused if treated quickly and effectively. In the face of pending water disaster, contact SERVPRO of Council Bluffs anytime at (712) 256-6616. Our SERVPRO of Council Bluffs Disaster Response Team is available 24/7 to help make any mess like it never even happened!
An Overview of Flood Damage
SERVPRO of Council Bluffs knows water damage is always an inconvenience, but flood damages fall into their own category. With the many types of floods, and the multiple methods that water can infiltrate a home or commercial business, the severity of potential water damage caused by a flood is often surprising. This is especially true in Western Iowa.
As extreme weather trends become more commonplace in every part of the world, the impact of flooding rises as well. Due to this, it's vital that homeowners take the time to understand the varying multitude of issues that flooding can lead to, and how they should react.
When a flood saturates the soil the home’s foundation is built on, parts of it can become raised. This can lead to cracks in the foundation, as well as sealing problems with door and window frames throughout the home.
Drywall Damage and Mold
The waterlogged drywall can become weak and begin to fall apart, but that is not the only issue. Drywall can begin growing mold on its surface, infiltrating the structure of the home and requiring replacement of any ceilings or walls that were affected.
While certain types of insulation do not absorb moisture, most types can easily become soaked through and require replacement due to the high rate of mold growth they can cause.
Temporary Frame Swelling
The good news about a house’s frame is that it is typically constructed of solid lumber, meaning any swelling will be temporary. While mold precautions should certainly be taken to prevent an outbreak, most frames will remain structurally sound after a flood.
Ovens and refrigerators contain insulation and almost always require replacement following a flood. That being said, other types may be able to be salvaged, but they must be inspected by an expert to be certified as safe before using.
Upholstered furniture can absorb a surprising amount of water, making it susceptible to water damage and mold growth. Furniture made of wood, glass pieces, and other miscellaneous materials should be cleaned thoroughly but should be OK for use.
If your home has been affected by a flood, we’ll be here to help you! SERVPRO of Council Bluffs Disaster Response Team is available 24/7 for your restoration needs. Feel free to give us a call with any potential questions, anytime, at (712) 256-6616. Also, feel free to check out the rest of our website in order to learn more about our certified flood restoration process.